Cyber Risks | Security & Privacy / Media Liability / Cyber Terror / Cyber Extortion / Network Asset Protection.
Cyber Risk protection policies provide the following key elements of cover:
- Third Party Claims – Providing the Insured with protection from third parties alleging failure to keep data secure, including claims for compensation by third parties, investigations, defence costs and fines and penalties (allowed under law) from breaching the Privacy Act.
- First Party Costs – Reimbursement for Insured for the costs they would incur to respond to a breach, including: IT Forensic Costs, Credit Monitoring Costs, Public Relations Expenses and Cyber Extortion Costs (including ransom payments to hackers).
- Business Interruption – Protection by providing reimbursement for the Insured’s loss of profits resulting from the breach, as well as any additional necessary expenses it may need to incur to continue business as usual. Some of the common events that can result in a cyber claim include:
- I.T. systems (designs & games) hacked and attacked
- Breach of privacy & security
- Lost or stolen iPads, smart pads/tablets, smart phones, PC/Mac’s or laptops/macbooks